Start a new topic

Galactic II Streaming HD Drone

Can the Galactic II Streaming HD Drone record video to a MicroSD memory card. There is a slot available. I don't own an iPhone or Android. I have a Windows Phone. I see no way to use that phone.

1 person has this problem

I have a battery issue.  The drone worked for about 2 minutes total then died.  Tried to recharge and it worked for another 10 seconds.  Then battery would not charge.  Light never went off to indicate full charge.  Looked for replacements online but can't find any... ordered what I thought were correct ones from amazon but too big and wrong connector.  Sons bday present and he is quite disappointed. Help?

Syed,
I had replied, but it appears it did not post.  I as well had difficulty connecting the charging cord to my Nano, but eventually forced it on and it seemed to take.  The problem I had with my nano is that the controller will not sync with the nano, so I have a fully charged nano (I assume), but unable to fly. 

Mike,
I am sad to report, as crazy as it sounds, that I lost my larger drone in the woods behind my house.  I had attempted two auto-trims as you suggested and I felt I should be good to go.  I took the drone outside and launched with the auto-hover.  Instead of staying at 5-feet, it continued to fly upwards and soon was above my tree tops.  I could change direction, but the wind at that level had taken the drone away from the yard and house.  I kept running after it, commanding it to stop all engines. If it did, I do not know.  The last image I have on my connected iPhone was a mass of green leaves.  So I believe it is in a tree top right now.  I continue to hunt the woods in hopes it shakes free. 

Definitely in the Fall I should be better able to find it.  Sad.  Funny.  True. 

Lucas and Mike - I am having the issues as well with Galactic II drone. Not sure if you two have been able to connect the charging cable to the nano drone. For me its not connecting and thus I can't fly it. I also see that your concerns haven't been addressed in quiet a while. Have any of you tried calling number listed on their website?

Great explanation!  I shall try it this afternoon.  I'm guessing Odyssey does not monitor these forums as I still haven't had any movement on my open ticket.

1 person likes this

After pairing the drone and controller like normal, LEDs are ON. Move both controls to 7 O'clock, Hold until the LEDs blink FAST. Hold until LEDs stop blinking and stay on solid. Move both controls to 5 o'clock and hold. Both LEDs slink SLOWLY. Hold controls at 5'oclock until LEDs stop blinking and return to solid. This trimming procedures have worked wonders for the flight of my drone.

Good luck. Let me know how it goes.

Mike

1 person likes this
I had tried that approach and even hear a beep when first held at the 7 o'clock position for 3 Mississippi.  When I shift over to the 5 o'clock position, nothing seems more to happen and the drone continues to lift off and go on a angle away from me. 

Do you hear another beep at 5 o'clock?  What tells you it worked?

1 person likes this
For trimming, I've had good luck with the both controls at 7 o'clock for 3 seconds, then both controls at 5 o'clock for 3 seconds method from the manual. I assume you've done that. I know there are trim buttons described in the manual with no directions.

2 people like this
Hi Mike,

That is correct.  My trouble ticket continues to go unanswered.  We have discovered another problem that occurred shortly after my first trouble ticket, so I amended it. 

Out of the box, the Galactic flew beautifully.  It has now gradually gotten worse and won't auto-hover any longer.  It needs trimming very badly, but like the video start/stop button problem I have, the controller doesn't respond to my trim inputs.  So now when we take off, the drone flies at an angle away from us until it reaches some limit and sets itself back down.  Very frustrating.

1 person likes this

Still no reply from Odyssey @Lucas?

1 person likes this
I see the unused connection where the camera cable goes into the side of the drone.  It is wider than the camera cable and I am left unsure what it is and why it was left there in the final design.

1 person likes this
Ok, I see the mention in the manual of the camera/video buttons on the controller. I get the blinking green lights but no photos or video either. Still bugs me about the extra i used connector next to the battery cable connector on the side of the chassis.

1 person likes this
The manual actually doesn't speak to the MicroSD at all. I saw it on the drone camera and had one in the drawer and stuck it in.  Using the manual I see that the controller has a "Start/Stop Video (Top)" button near the left control stick.  Pressing that button causes a double beep from the controller and the drone blinks its green LEDs.  Pressing again, the double beep happens again and the LEDs go out.

Yet I have no recorded video... hence my reason submitting  a trouble ticket and checking out these forums.

2 people like this

Lucus, how goes the manual describe enabling recording to the MicroSD card via the controller? My manual doesn't refer to the MicroSD card at all. Maybe a different manual version?

Mike

1 person likes this
I am here because my new Galactic (6/22)  does record to the MicroSD card I inserted, but only when using my iPhone app.  It's supposed to do so via the hand controller, but apparently it does not at least when following the instructions in the manual. 

I can fly using the hand controller, but not record video.  So, I can confirm the MicroSD will hold video, but so far only via my Odyssey VR app, not the included hand controller.

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment